Picture happy!

Correction to my most recent post: I was confused about the "orange" and "pink" slips. What is right- we ARE waiting on the "orange" so that we can GET the "pink". "Orange" indicates that the 2nd DNA test has been processed. This "proof" of who Yoselin is goes to the US Embassy and they then schedule an appt and issue the "pink". As the DNA process has been moving a little slower, as has Embassy scheduling (to our understanding) we trying to protect our anticipation by planning on not traveling b/f the end of April or even early May. Please pray for God's perfect-timing in all this. This period of waiting has been really emotionally tumultuous, especially for me...

The arrival of splendiferous spring weather has infected me with the photographing bug. I had a lovely afternoon with a few dear friends, visiting a nearby waterfall and snapping to my heart's glee. However, now my battery is dead and I can't upload those pictures. BUT, I can show you some I've taken of Yoselin's mostly completed room. And, some of our "new grill"- we are particularly delighted with it, and when you see the pictures you'll be convinced of our ability to be easily amused. We used it for the first time last night- grilled hamburgers for some friends who were not averse to being guinea pigs. Thankfully, those burgers were great! So, we grilled chicken breast this afternoon. They were a bit more charred, but nontheless Delicious.

This room has been a work in progress. And I must say a huge THANK YOU to David's mom, Ana, who helped me with a large portion of sewing the layette- she did the crib skirt, the pillow-cover, and the changing table hanger. In addition she sewed a little dress out of scraps for a latino-look doll, an extra quilt, and other items I have yet to receive... She is also the biggest reason that I have been willing to use a sewing machine. If you look close at my work, you'll find it's quite rough, but I soldiered through- a labor of love. I'm feeling alot more confident with the sewing machine these days- tho I still sew a straight line that looks like I might've been drunk, more often than not.

This little grill burns newspaper and is touted as good for the environment (b/c we're putting the Daily Advocate to good use). We ran out of newspaper after yesterday and today's grilling, but we had twigs to supplement our fire. It was a very "organic" experience. The smell of the fire burning had us longing for a camping trip. Can't hardly wait to take Yosi on her first outdoor adventure...

4 comments:

Regi said...

Love the room, Lyn! SO happy for your. You might want to check out my post. Your name is mentioned a couple times in the comment section. I really wasn't trying to start something, but I am pretty sure it was you :o)

~~anna~~ said...

Oh, Lyndie thank you for your kind words...I'm almost in tears. (Not good when you're sitting at a public library)
It's hard not being able to be there and a part of things, but because you allowed me to make those items, I feel a little more connected.
Can't wait for you to see what Shan and I have been doing.

Michelle said...

Wow! your nursery is seriously improved since the last time we saw it. ~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Great job, Anna! All the room needs is a little dark-haired beauty to occupy it :) I do hope it is surprisingly soon for your sake, Lyndie :)