well-ish

My little client is doing well-ish. Her mom is relieved because they finally diagnosed K., though not necessarily thrilled with a dx of pneumonia, intestinal infection and relapsed pancreatitis. No one's freaking out though. This girl's a fighter if there ever was one. When I visited Wednesday she was smiling and laughing at the best of my slapstick humor. I helped C. wash K.'s hair, and gave her a sponge-bath while C. got a change of scenery looking at pics of xrays and scans with one of the doctors. They'd made plans for a PICC line ("IV" in vessel near collarbone) by the time I had to leave. Will be visiting again tomorrow.

Keep praying...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will...


how's the house hunt?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the update. Always nice to be able to pray *intelligently*, not just "God bless....." Although, I am well aware that our LORD already knows the details....

Off to a day with the group at the beach...some days are so rough to handle :)

Anonymous said...

Lyndie you amaze me. Sorry but in writing this I was distracted by yet another show on MTV (I really cant describe how I feel about all this). As far as your house is concerned though all I can say is good luck also, 23!!! Narrow your search you'll never be able to settle on anything if you keep your search even half that size. The spider story is cute but a little less detail you would have been better, and probably apropiate. I'M SO HAPPY YOU DIDN'T KILL IT! I'm sure you know my distain for killing bugs so I, and maybe the spider, thank you.

(required weekly tests of the emergency broadcast system are not tests. the noise is designed to discourage aliens from attempting to inhabit our planet. they can hear the noise 100 miles from where it is generated and the more sources the more it affects them. thus tvs and radios are the best way to apply our most important and secretive defense.) Hopefully I'll see you sunday, to bad we wont have remix, or maybe we could all do something afterwards.

Anonymous said...

^^^^no fair doing stuff without me!!!^^^

Anonymous said...

I just found out you have your own blog so i was catching up on the old ones. I didn't figure you would still check the comments on the others so I'll put my comments on this one. Where in the world did, and i quote, 'may your day be thick like molasses with thought' come from?

lyndie said...

hershey: my brain: thick like molasses with thought, of course! ;)

melanie sue said...

wow...i think i heart you lyndie:) i used to volunteer every other week at a nursing home, as well as, at a food kitchen/homeless shelter and i loved both of those experiences...so..yea...anyways...like i said..i heart you:) see you tonight at the vision night thing!!

Lauren Mott said...

hey, i totally don't know how to use it yet but here it is...
laurenreifsnider.blogspot.com

i think that's it. check me out!!

Anonymous said...

Lyndie, your writing about the spider in the shower prompted me to watch Charlotte's Web yesterday. Lots of fond memories...I can handle spiders, sorta in the shower...just not the tarantulas we have here.
Then two weeks ago we caught a rat and Pabo (caretaker) disposed of it for me. Yesterday, I got a *disgusting* whiff in my sewing room. Today I tracked it down..we'll just leave it to say that the rat we disposed of was a mama-rat, and her babies did NOT fair too well without her. Only found three bodies...but after giving them a burial in the toilet, spraying Lysol in the drawer and the inside of the dresser and the floor, and then some odor-killing spray to remove the Lysol smell, and evacuating to float in the pool with a good book for 45 minutes, (during which time I was constantly invaded by wasps--where's a good spider web when you need it!!!)all traces of objectionable odor is gone. Only took me another 30 minutes to replace everthing that I had to move to find the bodies in a drawer, where they had chewed on a brand new top I had placed in there awaiting alterations.
Oh well, I enjoyed your spider story....much better then my rat one!

lyndie said...

mama, great story. maybe you should start your own blogspot and recount your adventures in DR. i know you'd have lots of fans. what a great way to keep people abreast of what's up in your neck of the--beach. :) email d for a tutorial...

Lauren Mott said...

LYNDIE!!!!!
it's now officially monday, and i have now officially forgotten your birthday, thereby making me one of the worst friends in the world. i'm so sorry. i'll call with something more substatial to say soon. love you.
L