birthday week

it has just occurred to me that i've been having a birth-week celebration.
we didn't do anything too memorable for my birthday. i mean, it was fun and all... went to dad's and helped him clean the house and fix snacks for LIFE group. layed around in bed, napping. went to danny's surprise bd party- hung out with good friends, held karis, watched america's funniest home videos on big screen @ BW3s. went to culvers and had the yummiest custard (ice cream) ever. went to blockbuster and didn't pick out a movie 'cause i couldn't find one that made 11 people happy. happened upon "mousetrap" on cable at jon's. well, i guess i remember it, so maybe it wasn't so unmemorable after all...
i'm still having a birthday week though, thanks to my sweet husband. he switched up netflix so that we received two of the movies i'd wanted to watch sunday nite : "wild hearts can't be broken" and "cutting edge" - sentimental favorites from my teens. (he-he-- it's been AGES since i've been a teen!). another gift, unintentionally: we were pre-approved for a loan at 5/3rd monday afternoon-- thanks for the recommendation danny. and our LIFE group surprised me with a football cake and song-- even though no one knew it was my birthday *L*-- thanks, again, for sharing danny. ;) and the most exciting gift of all *drum-roll*: david has promised me a... DIGITAL CAMERA. haurah! woo-hoo! yipee! as soon as we have time, we're going to pick it out. pre-thanks to dad and k&d, who've offered to pitch in. life is good anyway, but i don't mind when God adds a few candied sprinkles.
thank you for praying for K. she is doing much better for the time being. still keeping her mom quite busy. please continue petitioning that God, in his grace, would sustain them, and that i would be able to do my job in the best way possible. it is always a privilege to serve them. it should never be underestimated, the need of "the fatherless and the widow". pray that we all might have our eyes and hearts more keen to them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have done more for your birthday than culvers and mouse hunt. I mentioned to someone before that we should have rushed you to the bowling alley that night as a surprise but I guess it didn't take. I'm still going to let you borrow Blue Collar Rides Again and I'll hopefully remember to bring it sometime this weekend. Just to let you know I don't think anyone is dressing up for the Lord of the Rings marathon. So you don't need to either so that your not the odd one out. It should still be fun, who knows what will happen. I'm happy to hear about the loan but sad to think that awsome cabit in that wonderfull wooden grotto will not be visited by us again. While it will be missed I can't wait to see what your looking at.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the home loan approval...isn't that a wonderful feeling? I loved house hunting. Enjoy the process. See as many houses as you want. Why not? You're making a major investment, might as well be sure that you get the *perfect* place to call HOME!
By the way, thanks again for all the goodies!!!! ENJOYING THEM ALL!!!! Let me know, please, when your pkg arrives.
love you and miss you so-o-o-o much