May Flowers

The Golden Compass, by Phillip Pullman has been made into a movie. It's coming out in December! We are so excited. Check it out: http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/. It's being compared to the next LOTR series. If it's half as good as the books it'll be fabulous. But, READ THE BOOK BEFORE WATCHING THE MOVIE (the book is is always better)!
(Click on the book to link to Amazon.com)

We are swimming in the waters of "contract signing" with the agency that is handling the adoption process. Last night I put my signature on 13 pages. Today a notary verified that we'd initialed another 13. These all must be sent in the next 28 days with a fairly large sum of money- more than I paid over 5 years for a used Geo Metro. Like my father, I'm not always very fond hearing people made big financial commitments with money they don't have and saying they'll just trust God to provide... But that is what we are doing, with full faith that He has already provided- we just don't see how yet. Please continue that we are humble and submissive to wisdom. If you have advice, we will gladly hear it.
We are looking forward to the Na Conference this weekend. Eager to learn and be challenged in this gathering of believers. http://www.newattitude.org/ If you have not already heard, we are making plans to remix the REMIX format. We will start meeting at the church 1-2x/month come late summer/fall. We hope to become more available for young couples and make our group more acessible to unbelievers and new attendees. We hope this conference will help inspire us as we head in that direction.



New grass and flowers are sprouting up all over our yard. The grass is a welcome change from the dull brown dirt, whose bare face has been a constant reminder of work yet to be done. You'll probably think I'm insane, but we're planning on tearing out some of these beauties... (I think I might be insane!) It's just more work than we have time to do- to make sure the beds are weeded and pruned. My heart-aches every time I see a new bloom and I wonder if I'll be able to follow-through. I never was too awed by flowers until we moved here- perhaps these are more precious because they are mine to tend... So tragic! I can't even think of not having them with out getting knots in my stomach. (Or is that the pasta salad and choc chips I had for lunch?)

If anyone is interested in a puppy, my mom is giving this one away. She doesn't have time to let him get out an romp as often as he should. His name is Dakoda and he's very nearly potty trained and very good with children. Mom's neighbors' children will be sad to see him go, as they love him muchly- but they will have a new sibling, adopted from Vietnam within the next year, so certainly they'll have some one to love on even more.

Congratulations to the newly wed and adorably happy Landon and Erin R!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't throw out your flowers! i'll take any you don't want!!

Regi said...

That pup is so cute!

Charity said...

i'm so tempted to invite him to live with us right now - the kids would absolutely love it - but we've promised to wait until we have a larger (or at least a fenced) yard before adopting a puppy.