*Gulp* We submitted an application and initial fee to BBAS Thursday night- a kind of spur of the moment decision, partly motivated by learning of the increasing possibility that adoptions from Guatemala may be closing in 2008 due to Hague Convention. All very complicated and hard to understand. Pray it doesn't happen. Nonetheless, we thought we'd might as well get started, though we don't plan to rush.
Already we've received a reply email with an attachment of seven documents to be printed, signed and turned in with in 10 days, along with another fee, so that they can open our file and assign us a consultant. I'm elated and intimidated and nervous.
Anyone willing to write a reference letter? We need three, to start with.
*Big sigh*
I feel like we've been anticipating a big leap from high ledge and finally just scwinched our eyes tight and went for it. I don't think I've hit the water yet- it still feels like free falling. I'm so afraid of heights and even worse of having nothing but thin air under my feet. It gives me a loopy, queasy feeling in my gut, and makes my legs feel like jello.
So now you know how to pray for me and us.
1 comment:
I am good for a reference letter if you need one.
Post a Comment