We didn't "decorate" the tree this year. Only lights, lots of them~ it looks more magical in person, as, I suppose, all trees do. At our Christmas party, we had many comments about how large it is, which we find rather amusing, since, compared to trees of the past (except for our first) this one is nearly diminutive!
Speaking of the Christmas party~ thanks to all the hearty souls who braved the weather to visit. It was a cozy afternoon and evening. Though, I think next year (IF there
is one next year) we'll shorten it significantly. A 12 hr open house just didn't work out the way we thought it might.

Last Thursday, I
finally sent
Yoselin's package out. However, many of the things pictured were eliminated, as I learned, tardily, that it would be more economical to send as many items as a I could fit in a large shoebox. Even after scaling down, the cost for shipping was nearly twice what I had anticipated. I paid the sum numbly, and, only with my sister's support did I restrain myself from running back in and asking for a refund. I'm glad, now, that I didn't. I'm looking forward to hearing that the package has arrived and hoping to see pictures of her in some of the outfits in the coming months.

That afternoon, Kari and I plunged into our annual tradition of cookie baking, and enjoyed the company and assistance of our mother with this year's ritual! I plunged in with a little too much vigor and ended up mauling my hand with the mixer. Thankfully, no blood was spilled, but I did experience severe discomfort, while my loving family enjoyed a side-splitting laugh at my expense (as I'm sure YOU are now too~ but, so am I! ;P ).

Also noteworthy in that day was the presence of my mom AND dad in the house at the same time. While exceedingly awkward, it felt like quite an
achievement. It also
occurred again the next day, at the Christmas party. I hope that by mentioning it I'm not jinxing anything, but I'm glad that we've made it to this juncture in time. I'm certain it indicates maturity, if in no one but myself for not freaking out. Praise God for Christmas miracles!
For some strange reason, I keep feeling like Christmas has already come and gone, and I'm ready to move on to whatever's next. In the last 48hrs I have been experiencing greater-than-normal pangs of longing for Yoselin. Perhaps it's pre-PMS, or the sentimentality of the season, or that I spent 2 hrs yesterday afternoon watching "Gotcha Day" and first moments videos on YouTube, of other family's adoptions. Or that I KNEW that the attorney was meeting with foster mothers yesterday and that someone I've met in person was getting to see and hold our baby girl. I've also been HIGHLY anxious about finances and am "biting-at-the-bit" to get busy with some fundraising, though I only have fuzzy ideas about what that's going to be.
I'm alternately jumping ahead to bringing Yoselin home "tomorrow" and trying to slow things down, afraid I won't be ready somehow. Does this happen to pregnant parents? Maybe not, but maybe it's normal adoption-anxiety. Somehow I seemed to have skirted or repressed most of it, until now.
Well. That's the mid-holiday update for ya. Things are never as bad as they seem. I'm really very thankful that I have such trials to worry over. I have certainty that God will be glorified in spite of me, and eventually through me, because of His great Love and Patience.
1 comment:
I am so excited for you guys, Lyn and Dave. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment