Home again, home again...

Jiggity Jig!
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and encouragement. Customs and immigration, which we were rather nervous about, went off without a hitch and this relief brightened up the whole day.

We touched ground in Dayton around 10:45 last night- a little early! Yoselin woke up from her "nap" and we changed her into clean clothes and clipped her hair away from her eyes. Tucked into a sling, around Daddy's shoulder, she had a prime view of what was coming her way. Eyes open wide she was determined not to miss it.

We were welcomed by an enthusiastic (but controlled) greeting from my sister and parents, bro-in-law and grandparents and a grandma-in-law. Yoselin just soaked it all in, seeming to enjoy being the center of attention and liked have all so many noses to pull at her happy disposal. The paparazzi happily escorted us to our car with little delay. Some kindly dispersed while a few remained to record her first experience with the car seat, which she also handled with extraordinary calm and grace (although, half way home she was rather unimpressed by her limited vision). She dozed a bit on the way home and then woke up eagerly to check out her new "digs". She was immediately tickled with her new bed and the little stuffed bunny she found in it, who received much drool and gnawing as greeting. After a diaper change and cozy pjs, she was out like a light.

We woke early this morning (6:30) and spent the morning slowly. We ate, showered, unpacked and Yosi napped. Then we welcomed a few guests, whom she enjoyed. She is particularly fond of Aunt Kari and, naturally, thinks Uncle Derek is funny. She likes Gpa Glen too, but isn't so sure she's ready to let any guy but Daddy hold her, tho she spent many happy minutes in "tia's" (aunt k's) arms.

All in all, it's been a great day. Looking forward to tomorrow. We plan on laying low, but if you want to give us a call, we could "schedule" a time for you to stop in to say hello. She really likes people, but we need to maintain "down" time. Though she seems to be bonding excellently (she certainly has a preference for us), we don't want to do anything to joggle that too much, as it's not quite set.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo excited for the three of you and can not wait to meet you little bundle of messy Joy. i will call you when i get home from MI and see if we can come over some time in the next couple of weeks. it's great to know you have her in your arms. God is wonderful in all he does. with love from Heather T.

~~anna~~ said...

I just finished two more pairs of those little capris (like her John Deere's). Guess I won't be able to just drop by and give them to Yosi, but Ron's in town. Hopefully, he will take them back to States and mail them for me...
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXkisses and hugs for Yosi!!!!

Regi said...

So happy for you!

Rod and Sara said...

Hallelujah!!! Welcome home! I have been anxiously following your blog, and Rod and I have been praying! We are so glad you are home safe, a complete family now. PRAISE to God who worked this miracle! I can't wait to see her adorable face in person! Have a happy week!

Regi said...

Lyn, I emailed you but I don't know if I have the right email address. I think you have mine. If you didn't get it, would you let me know?

Butterflysongs said...

I'm sure that I speak for all of us when I say that we can't wait to meet your little rose bud. Hoping to see you at North soon once you get settled.