Summer days, happen so fast...

It's high-time for another update.
I started back to work two weeks ago and time has been galloping along since then while I cling on to every spare minute available to stay with it.

Yosi is doing great with the sitters. She's been happy to see David when he comes to pick her up and glad to see me when I arrive home. She expresses her excitement by grinning really big, giggling or grunting, kicking her legs and swinging her arms. This is of course ADORABLE and reassuring to us- she knows her mommy and daddy. She is a very active gal and sometimes she just can't seem to hold it in- she's just gotta move to express it.

She is jabbering alot and appreciates being imitated. She had a little friend come over yesterday afternoon- Lexi is 2 and could very adeptly imitate Yosi's noises. Yoselin was quite pleased with her. She is also very fond of the tongue-rasberry, but will also use the lip-rasberry when she feels like it.

Like most babies, she loves exploring new textures and shapes with all her senses, but particularly her hands and mouth. Perhaps I'm just a new mom, but she seems to be particular curious about EVERYthing. This can be useful in entertaining her, but it makes me a bit nervous sometimes. I guess I should be thankful she's not mobile yet, tho it seems as if she may be soon. Her most favorite activity right now is standing and "walking" with our assistance. She also balances well holding on to things. Crawling is still a matter of doubt, but she may surprise us yet.

There continue to be many firsts. Sunday for example: she took her first nap at Gpa's, she took her first swim in a stateside pool (a wading pool in A. Kari's backyard), and had her first bites of homemade ice cream (which, of course, she LOVED). Today she took her first swim in the local public pool with several little friends. She was a big fan, even when her face got in the water. She is a water-baby for sure. This is good, because I am quite fond of water myself and used to dream of being a mermaid.

2 comments:

~~anna~~ said...

Once again~ I'm in love! she's so adorable! Thanks for the update...July 24th we arrive...can
hardly wait to get to know her!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad the adjustment has been quick and, it seems, pretty easy. i have loved getting to spend time with her in the nursery and practice my español :) she's just ADORABLE!