At home, we were happy to discover an unplanned surprise- a package from Mana and Papa Bob. Perfect timing! We spent the next half hour opening it and examining and trying on the contents of the package. Yosi got a new dress and little crocheted shoes. She dug right into opening packages containing a new dress and little crocheted shoes, but was soon distracted by the glorious "mother-lode" of bubble wrap. Daddy revealed to her the joys of bubble wrap a week or so ago. She was not to be moved to try on her pretty dress or shoes until she was made to understand that she could play with the bubble wrap simultaneously. We started with the shoes. Cozy, soft and sweet. Anna made me a grown up pair. This is our second set of these shoes- we've not worn the first yet because I have forgotten to put on the buttons. These new pairs are even prettier than the first, but we will definitely be wearing them often. Anna made them from a pattern I found online at http://hookcandy.com/. Someday I hope to be proficient enough to make some of my own.
When we finally got the dress on her she was so excited to have a new "ballerina" dress- this is what she has lately taken up calling most all of her dresses. We decided to let her wear it to go out to eat. We let Yosi choose: McDonald's or El Camino Real for dinner? She surprised and pleased us by choosing the latter. I think she just wanted to try something new. She did very well at the "real" restaurant. She sat (mostly) still in her booster and marvelously devoured her food: a "kid's" (gigantic plate) meal of rice, plain cheese quesedilla, and fries- a laughably perfect combo for her. We polished it off with (her choice) vanilla ice cream with strawberry topping.
Back at home, we took some time to color a picture and prepare a card for her bio-sis, Isabel, whose birthday falls on the same day as Yosi's Gotcha Day. Then we sat and looked at pics of our first week together and watched a few of the videos we took. Her favorites videos are of us with her in the pool. She is antsily anticipating swimming this summer. Last weekend, at a fabulous garage sale, I bought 3 swimsuits for $1. One was particularly adorable and when Kari and I had Yosi try it on she did not want to take it off. She insisted on taking a bath in it and pretended she was swimming. I'm looking forward to swimming too, but for me the dreadful heat can be postponed as long as is reasonable. I'm really enjoying the cool-warm spring: warm enough to be outside without a coat on (tho occasionally long sleeves are a must), but not hot enough to induce a sweat with an easy stroll, barefeet optional, new crocheted Mary-Janes--likely.
The last "special treat" was to be put to bed by both Mommy AND Daddy (we usually take turns). We sat on her bed and read "How I Was Adopted" and talked a little more about her adoption story. She had a few emotions- happy, proud, tired and maybe a little sad. Together we prayed and then I sang her bedtime songs and tucked her in. No trouble with staying in bed last night- she must've been asleep in less than 5 minutes.



2 comments:
Loved reading your post Lyn
What a beautiful post! So glad that even from here Papa and I were able to be part of it(if even just by a faster than usual delivery of that pkg)`
We love you and miss you!!!
Post a Comment